Re: AIS Silent Auction - your thoughts on this please

Judy: I would agree to let the Aril Society to have all the proceeds from the
sale. It could be one benefit of belonging to AIS. Dave N.

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Keisling <keisling@swbell.net>
To: AIS Discuss <AISdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Tue, Jan 31, 2012 9:37 am
Subject: [AISdiscuss] AIS Silent Auction - your thoughts on this please

The Aril Society has received a bequest of a copy of a 1913 edition of The
enus
ris to be for auctioned for the purpose of proceeds benefiting that
ociety.
Since the ideal venue for it to be auctioned is at our silent
uction held in
onjunction with the spring convention, we have received an
nquiry from the
ril Society regarding placing this item in this year's
ilent auction and
sking whether it would be feasible for the society to
eceive all or part of
he proceeds.
Historically proceeds from all items
onated and sold at these auctions accrue
o AIS.  However, in researching
hether there is a written AIS policy regarding
haring proceeds from auction
ales, we find that no such policy exists.
Because of the unique nature of
his request, I would like to hear your thoughts
n this request. Several
urrent and former board members who were contacted
hile researching this
ubject thought that as a courtesy to a cooperating
ociety AIS should allow
he Aril Society to receive all of the proceeds on this
tem.
As doing so
ould require Board action, I would like to hear the thoughts of
thers and
ould entertain a motion that could be used as the basis of
eveloping policy
n this type of request.
Judy
o sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary
aissecretary@irises.org>
he archives for AISDiscuss are at:
ttp://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/