Re: January 2010 Bulletin

In a message dated 2/21/2010 11:44:55 P.M. Central Standard Time, kellydn@frontiernet.net writes:

Hi Michelle,

Please send them to me so we can confirm all the changes for April.

--kdn  Horticulturally,

Kelly D. Norris

All,

This type of information is important to the person involved as well as to AIS.  There are always changes following the November AIS Board meeting.  Way back in July 2007 when I was guest editor, I knew of several errors in previous Bulletins regarding the boilerplate copy, officers & directors, standing and special committee chairmen, AIS sections & cooperating societies and regions & regional vice presidents.  What I didn't realize at the time as I set about to do a line-by-line edit (which took several days of research) was that a high percentage (approaching 50%!) of the data previously printed was incorrect, be it wrong names, misspelled names, wrong addresses, wrong phone numbers, wrong e-mail addresses, etc.  That was an eye-opener to me that the editor must be especially vigilant to respond to AIS organizational changes on an issue-to-issue basis, especially after board meetings, elections and appointments.

Jim M.