Re: Website Candidates

> What is important is the top level division of information. Are the
> categories the right ones? Is the wording right? What about the fonts
> we used? The graphics and shapes? The background?
>
> The categories are:
>
> Growing Irises: Cultural information on all the various
> classifications (lots of content to create here), links to local
> Regions\Societies. Links to sources  (What else?)
>
> About the AIS: Some of our history, what we do, mission, benefits
> (What else?) Conventions, meetings
>
> AIS Members: Links to a page that has some public information and a
> button to go the Members Only section (when we have one). News and
> announcements, Information central, Conventions, meetings  (What else?)
>
> AIS Board: AIS board contacts, related files, minutes etc  (What else?)
>
> There will be duplicated links in several of the categories because
> multiple constituencies need the same information and there is no
> sense in having the same information in multiple places when the same
> page can be referenced from multiple places.

> So what thoughts do you have?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

This is a great start on the revamping John!

I really believe having a "Search" button is very important as well as
duplicated links so cut down the time looking for specific things.

Growing Irises category is very important and there is a lot of material
out there.  The new Greater St. Louis Iris Society website has organized
some of the available items and I am sure, they, via Jim Morris, will be
happy to provide it to you.  http://www.stlouisirises.com/

AIS Board: AIS board contacts, related files, minutes etc  (What else?)
Financial Information-latest one currently is 2005

I agree with previous input-pages are often printed so overall white
background is better and ink-saving.

Rita Gormley
RVP Ccounselor