Re: AIS Website

In a message dated 2/12/2008 4:07:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,
iris.loberg@comcast.net writes:

Yes,  there is a location on the internet, called the "Way Back Machine",
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php, which will allow you to look up ANY  web
domain/site, and see the progression of what their web site looked  like.  It
has 85 billion web pages stored.

I am mentioning it,  because there may be AIS chairpersons, and Region
officers and chairman,  who might find some value in looking up internet web
page  history.

Have fun for today!
Kitty  Loberg

**************************
Kitty,

Wow!  Thanks for this information.  Now if we just had something  like this
for all our past AIS Bulletins.  The indexes are of some use but  are very
incomplete, dependent as they were on the individual data input  person and their
interpretation of what constituted an "article."  Many,  many "articles" were
not in the Bulletin Table of Contents.  I do a lot of  historical writing and
don't have all the past AIS Bulletins.  Therefore, I  frequently ask the AIS
Librarian to research items for me out of the  basement.  Sometimes it takes
two or three tries to get what should be  there somewhere.  Past complete
official AIS Minutes (not edited or  abridged versions usually in the Bulletins) and
Committee Reports are  problematic at best, completely missing at worst.
Most people probably  don't care, but as historical references they have some
importance to some of  us.

Jim Morris

Jim Morris

Awards. Go to AOL Music.