Re: MG programs

Nancy; Sounds great the things you are doing and i
appreciate your help. It seems that The Master
gardener program is different in every state and maybe
even from county to county. I am hoping we could
provide a program that could be presented by a local
trainer. I am not trying to pin anything down yet
since I think this should be a project with lots of
input. Roughly I am thinking about a preset program on
perhaps powerpoint. I am also considering some
pretraining for the trainers in order to have some
consistency and for them to have some confidence in
the information they are presenting. I would like to
be able to offer this as a short 2-4 hour course that
master gardeners could take as an elective but would
be accredited to their training requirements. It is
possible that a portion of the presenation could be
automated and the trainer (actually the term Master
Irisarian is growing on me ) might be able to tailor
part of the information to local conditions. It seems
to me there are many ways in which this might be done
and the MG program may have their own standards for
required topics that we would have to meet.