Re: ConventionAwards

How does this sound to everyone?

Paul

The Franklin Cook Memorial Cup is awarded annually during the American
Iris Societys national convention.  This award was established by Dr.
Franklin Cook during his time as AIS president in 1947, and was
originally known as the Presidents Cup.  Then in 1952, it was renamed
the Franklin Cook Memorial Cup.  All irises seen growing and in bloom in
the official tour garden of the convention are eligible for consideration
for the Franklin Cook Memorial Cup, except irises originated within the
host region for that years national convention by a hybridizer whose
garden is included on the official garden tour, regardless of its
location.  Irises considered may or may not be official guest irises.
From 1947 through 1965, there were no restrictions concerning the
geographical origination of irises eligible for the Cook Cup until 1966
when the Presidents Cup was established again and first awarded.

The Presidents Cup is awarded annually during the American Iris
Societys national convention. Eligibility is restricted to introduced
irises originated within the host region for that years national
convention or originated by a hybridizer whose garden is included on the
conventions official garden tour, regardless of its location.  Irises
must have been seen growing and in bloom in the conventions official
tour gardens, but need not be official guest irises.