Re: ConventionAwards

In a message dated 2/11/2007 11:43:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wolf-com@rogers.com writes:

The  tough part (the historical
explanation of origins) is already done  previously by a certain Clarence M.
I have the write-ups on each of the  awards from him a couple of years ago
and at that time ran them in the CIS  Newsletter as a series that I dubbed
the "Medal Chronicles". So as long as  Clarence is okay with usage of these I
can make each one up as a separate  PDF file and provide them on the AIS
website on the awards page. What I am  not sure of is that if they are
contained in his book (which I do not have)  use of them may infringe on
those rights.

This response to Christopher's message is in two parts.

Part One: You are free to use the write-ups I did some years ago, except  the
one on Williamson-White Medal needs updating. Jim Morris has information
that proves that the "Williamson" being honored was not just E. B. Williamson
but also, and even more appropriately, Mary Williamson. I think Jim would be the
 ideal person to do a rewrite if he has the time. Although most of the medals
and  awards are mentioned in my book in numerous contexts, there will be no
copyright  infringement. (In addition, the write-ups were in the public domain
long before  the book was even written).

Part Two: Chris, how am I supposed to eat and pay my bills if good iris
people like you do not buy my book? O tempera, O mores! Signed: Clarence,
starving in Virginia.