Re: ConventionAwards

In a message dated 2/11/2007 10:43:49 A.M. Central Standard Time,
wolf-com@rogers.com writes:

If  someone would like to put a "pen to paper" so to speak and write  the
in-depth explanation of the origins of the Conventions Awards we can  easily
add it. I think it would be a good and worthwhile  endeavor.
Chris, Jim Morris and I (along with several others)  are in the midst of
producing the MIS History 50th Anniversary issue, but when  that is done, we will
provide you with the copy for the Convention Award  write-ups.  Jim is very
adept at that and will also add the information on  the newest Convention
Award-Ben R. Hager Cup for the Most Popular Median.   It will probably be a couple
of months before you receive that!  I will  "diary" for action.

Before this even came up I was also thinking about the other  section awards.
It would be good to provide the following on the Awards  page of the AIS
website; one a winners listing and two an explanation for  each of those. And
I can add them as a link beside each.

That leaves the at minimum the winners listings for each award.  I think
these should be there. I do need someone(s)to provide the copy for  these.
Unformatted text is perfect, don't spend time formatting as I just  have to
take it all off anyway to prepare it for the internet, plus I want  to
present them all with more or less the same look as I did with the  Dykes
winner listing and the Conventions Awards winner listings that  already
appear.

On behalf of Median Iris Society and their four  awards, I will do this.
Much of it is already on the MIS website but  we are in the process of updating
it, again, after this History issue is  completed.

Thanks Chris for working on updating and  "Freshening" the AIS Website.

Rita  Gormley
MIS  Editor
Gormley Greenery
Cedar Hill, MO