RE: ConventionAwards

If someone would like to put a "pen to paper" so to speak and write the
in-depth explanation of the origins of the Conventions Awards we can easily
add it. I think it would be a good and worthwhile endeavor.

Before this even came up I was also thinking about the other section awards.
It would be good to provide the following on the Awards page of the AIS
website; one a winners listing and two an explanation for each of those. And
I can add them as a link beside each. The tough part (the historical
explanation of origins) is already done previously by a certain Clarence M.
I have the write-ups on each of the awards from him a couple of years ago
and at that time ran them in the CIS Newsletter as a series that I dubbed
the "Medal Chronicles". So as long as Clarence is okay with usage of these I
can make each one up as a separate PDF file and provide them on the AIS
website on the awards page. What I am not sure of is that if they are
contained in his book (which I do not have) use of them may infringe on
those rights.

That leaves the at minimum the winners listings for each award. I think
these should be there. I do need someone(s)to provide the copy for these.
Unformatted text is perfect, don't spend time formatting as I just have to
take it all off anyway to prepare it for the internet, plus I want to
present them all with more or less the same look as I did with the Dykes
winner listing and the Conventions Awards winner listings that already
appear.

If you need to check any of this to see what I am talking about please go to
the Awards page of the AIS website at; www.irises.org/awards.htm

I leave it with you.

Christopher Hollinshead | AIS Website
3070 Windwood Drive