Re: Feb. PresMes

In a message dated 2/27/06 9:27:54 PM, GormleyGreenery@aol.com writes:

> It is important to remember that even if an Affiliate is not required to
> present a Certificate of Insurance to a venue, the insurance covers them.
> Many
> affiliates, like ours, would have to purchase insurance for "peace of
mind"
> which is why our affiliate and region donated to the AIS Insurance fund.
> Dear Rita:
     I am very aware of this.   However, I'm also aware that many affiliates
don't see or utilize the "peace of mind" benefits because they haven't had any
need to prove insurance to whomever provides them space for their activities.
It is an unseen benefit for many -- like a vaccination, and for those who
haven't been exposed, it's hard to convince that for them there is a hidden
danger.   People in certain areas -- urban and metropolitan, especially in
California, Missouri, New York, etc., do have to provide proof of insurance to
companies that provide them with space.   These folks are far more sensitive
to the
insurance issue.
     I don't think the AIS wants to or will easily give up providing this
service, but if it comes to insurance or fiscal responsibility -- I believe it
will.
     I do thank your group (and groups) for their generosity in donating to
the Insurance fund.   There have been generous donations from several groups
across the country. I thank all for their generosity and support.
     Jeanne