To: <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss]more logistics on Calendars

Hi folks
RE: Turner Publishing - 12" x 12" calendars.
All is quiet on the western front. I assume everybody hath spake their piece.
I heard no negative remarks but some cautions. I think I can avoid plants that are up for AM or higher OR simply not identify them . Likewise, seedlings might be useful occasionally, if not identified. Basically, we are trying to impress the general public with an array of types, colors and patterns of irises. I will focus on that.
The calendar people would like to recieve pictures in 10 days if they are to pursue the wholesale market for 2007 calendars so it is "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"!!!!
I discussed royalties with them. We are to recieve 10% on the wholesale sales. (last year, it was 5% on the retail sales) This is still negotiable but a preliminary contract is here for review. I understand that the stores can return unsold stock. This was a surprise to me. I will snoop around.
More later.
Terry