Re: more logistics on Calendars

In a message dated 2/7/2006 9:16:45 PM Central Standard Time,
terry@flowerfantasy.net writes:

I  discussed royalties with them. We are to recieve 10% on the wholesale
sales. (last year, it was 5% on the retail sales) This is still
negotiable but a preliminary contract is here for review. I understand
that the stores can return unsold stock. This was a surprise to me. I
will snoop around.
More later.
Terry

On the surface 10% of wholesale sales sounds reasonable, 15% would be
better.  During the three lean years of taking care of my parents thru  strokes and
dementia, I ran a retail calendar store in a large mall in the  Oct-Jan time
frame.  Yes, stores can and do return unsold stock for credit,  but not until
they slash prices in Jan by first 25% off, then 50% off and  finally before
shutting off sales -- 75% off.  Then, pack all remaining  stock up and return for
credit.

Jim M.