Re: Fwd: AIS Library question-Slides-IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

In a message dated 12/12/2006 5:50:54 P.M. Central Standard Time,
in2iris@yahoo.com writes:

While  the slides that would be of
historical significance to us in Region 21 may  be a
small percentage of the 80,000 slides, and of little
value outside  of Region 21, I hope and trust that we
will be given ample opportunity to  evaluate them
before the distribution is made.  There may be  several
slides of great importance to the history of  Region
21.
Thanks much for your consideration,
Gary White
RVP  Region 21

Gary,

Thanks for the response.  60,000 of them are still at Gormley's so I  am sure
it can be arranged for Region 21 to review them.  Guess we should  have asked
you to attend one of our intensive but fun review sessions!   Even with light
tables we were bleary-eyed.

The Harder slides went first to Cal Reuter, who told me personally that
Larry wanted them to go to AIS and not TBIS.  An important percentage,  maybe 15%,
were really AIS archive slides.  When Cal died, Jerry Hoke in  Kansas City
secured them (he is TBIS Slides Chairman but has an open mind) and  made them
available for Region 18 and MIS review.  We sorted and  categorized them by iris
classification, people, scenery, other flowers/plants,  etc.  I saw little of
historical significance to Region 21 except in the  people category.  I
honestly believe I have more slide pictures taken in  Nebraska & S. Dakota gardens
than did Larry.  Not Iowa or N. Dakota  though.  The value of his slides is
national in nature.  He went  everywhere!  And to many other flower society
conventions and garden  centers and botanical gardens, etc.

In any event, get in touch with Rita Gormley.

Jim Morris