Re: JT Handbook

I don't have a problem with the current titles.

I would like to see some clarification as to what a dropped judge has to do to be reinstated. It doesn't say if the requirements are any different if the judge was dropped for failure to turn in an activity report, failure to vote the ballot, etc. I'm assuming that they are the same.

Our region has a judge that was dropped for failure to vote the ballot 2 years in a row. If he got his signatures and completed his hours this spring, would he be eligible to receive a 2006 ballot? Or does the suspension prevent him from being reinstated/ receiving a ballot until 2007?

I was/ am still bothered by judges who barely manage to get their 5 hours every three years, while others are getting 10 or 12 hours per year. Which one would you rather have judge your show? I don't think that requiring more hours is necessarily the answer - this might lead to more judge attrition - but maybe publishing the hours or requiring that a certain % be garden judging might help.

Vince Lewonski
RVP/ JT chair, Region 19