Re: JT Handbook Item#2, Plus

In a message dated 4/18/2006 9:29:54 A.M. Central Standard Time,
gardens@molalla.net writes:

My  understanding of the two hour in garden training is that it is an  outdoor
in garden classroom with a written test at the end and that this is  to help
Judges maintain their working knowledge of judging Irisin the  garden.   To
allow someone to skip this with a one on one  training session seems to make
the process unreliable.

I believe  giving in garden taining to an aprentence or student judge is and
should be  a privelage and never used to avoid our own training.  We  should
maintain standards that are equal for all voting  judges.

*
I agree with the logic above.  The Judges, irregardless of being a
hybridizer or not, need "in the garden Judges' Training" and should not be  allowed to
substitute one-on-one training of others as their training.

Jim M.