Re: Re: AIS Photo contest

Hi Kitty,

I apologise as I didi not catch the "Local Panel" part of your message.
Flexability is very important in a project like this but so is preplanning
the organizational parts, the writing of the cover sheets and voting blanks
can a;ll be done in advance of receiving the first photo. as well as setting
up the critera the judges ar to use, the closing date and the date that they
will receive the material.

It is possible depending upon the critera that you use to scan all the
photo's that come in and send it electronically to all the Judges at the
same time.   By setting up a date for the Judges to get this information it
could in fact be done in a day or if you wish to give them more time a
couple of days.  It would also reduce the Fed Ex Charges to almos nil.

It migt also be a suggestion to the Board if this is going to be an ongoing
project to host it in different parts of the country in different years and
use those 'Local" Photography and Plant experts that can be gathered
together in that area.  As long as there are no names on the photo's and
none of the Judges' are entrants, there should be no problem with that kind
of a system.  It would make the chairpersons job so much easieras well and
would make it faster and simpler to get the results into the AIS Bulletin in
a timely manner.

Just some suggestions.

Will