Re: AIS Photo contest

"I see no reason to even call this a contest if one person is going to select
what is to be judged."

Will, please refer to my message  "I plan to pre-screen the photos, using some
sort of local panel."

Just so you understand clearly, I never said "one person".   Having done photo
contests before, I know the easiest way is to have your panel meet locally,
however, the AIS Board has indicated they would like to have judges from
various areas of the US.   I am more than willing to accommodate this.

It will be premature for any of us to guess how many photos I received.  I
believe I need some flexibility to handle the quantity I get.   If it turns
out there aren't that many, I may choose to forward all to judges.   If it
turns out to be huge numbers, I plan to bring in a prescreening local panel.

I can not imagine how you think the judging can be done in just days.   The
photos will have to be organized and prepared for shipping.   I'll be lucky if
I can do this within one week, considering I have to prepare a cover sheet,
instructions and voting forms. and work it into my schedules.   I can Fed Ex
it to Judge #1, but one can't expect Judge #1 to drop everything when they
receive photos and vote in one day.   They have their own schedule to fit this
into.  I think the Judges should be given a couple of days to consider and
make their decision.  Then they have to take the photos to Fed Ex, and it
takes a couple more days to get it to the next judge.    Yes, I do expect this
to take 4 weeks, and not just a few days.   If I could call the panel in my
home, yes, we could do the judging on a scheduled day... but I believe the AIS
Board has previously indicated they will provide me the names of judges, which
could be from various areas of the US.

I hope this helps clarify.   Kitty