2010 Exhibitions program

AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE AMERICAN IRIS SOCIETY

This has been an unfortunate year for the Exhibitions program of The American Iris Society.  We have made efforts to respond to the great and widespread concern over the lack of response from the 2009 Exhibitions Chair.  A survey instrument was prepared and sent to each of the affiliates requesting their specific concerns and specific non-response to their efforts to determine the status of draft show schedules, certificates, and medals.  The results of that survey were sent to the Exhibitions Chair and although she promised a timely resolution of all concerns, that has not been the case  There has been no response from the 2009 Exhibitions Chair to my request that all exhibitions materials be shipped to Susan Boyce.

Please be assured that ALL exhibitions held in 2009 will be honored whether or not approval was received for the exhibition.  Medals and Exhibition Certificates earned will be provided by AIS.

Effective immediately the duties of the Exhibitions Committee have been accepted as follows:

  1. Lois Rose, P.O. Box 30, Partlow, VA  22534  (540) 582-5799  Lowy222@aol.com.

Lois will receive the draft show schedules, approve them, send out the certificates, the show supply order form, and the show report form.

  1. Susan Boyce,  5123 South 3500 West, Roy, UT  84067  (801) 985-0255  irisgal@hotmail.com.

Susan will receive the supply order forms and checks, maintain the show supplies inventory and ship out the orders.

  1. Karen and Ray Jones, 3004 Rosemoor Lane, Fairfax, VA  22031  (703) 573-7675  ramonandkaren@verizon.net.

Karen and Ray will receive the show reports, verify the results, mail out the medals and Exhibition Certificates and prepare the annual exhibitions show report.

This structure will spread the tasks of the Exhibitions program over several persons as outlined above.  Also a positive aspect is that all of these persons are resident in Region 4 along with me, so if there is any need for support, we can get together and work out any problems.

(This letter was sent to all Affiliates presidents postmarked November 23, 2009.  The delay on posting this letter to AISDiscuss and placing on the website is because I lost this letter somewhere in the maw of my computer and have had to reproduce it for this posting.)

Sincerely,

E. Roy Epperson

President, The American Iris Society