From another "Impatient Board Member", Rita Gormley, RVP Counselor

----- Original Message -----
From: <MORRISJE1@aol.com>
To: <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Loberg Questions on AIS Library exhibits

In a message dated 11/30/2009 12:25:45 P.M. Central Standard Time,
aistreas@earthlink.net writes:

I think  this should be scheduled and done as soon as possible.  This is
another  service that AIS provides that members don't know we have...

Perfect  addition to the website.  Jill

Jill,

And who is going to do it?  Is the AIS volunteer Librarian even aware  of
this AIS Discuss commentary on Library inventory?  Does the AIS  President
request action of the Librarian and Electronic Services & Website chairman
(with informational copies to the Board) or do we continue talking and
talking without any real action to get anything done? People like Bob Pries and Kitty Loberg have great ideas that need refining and action. AIS is w-a-y
behind the power curve in taking action rather than talking things to
death. I was at least encouraged at the Fall Board meeting that we the Board have awakened to the fact that we can't continue doing business as is or we will go broke -- within three years according to Bob but certainly very soon
if we don't do something.  I felt that our  Board meeting was the most
productive in the five years (10 meetings) I have been on the Board. Lots of
changes, I just hope we can recover in  time.  I think we can and it is
imperative that we try hard and  smart!

As an affiliate president I did receive Roy's letter yesterday about fixing
the Exhibition Committee fiasco (Has AIS recovered the Exhibition supplies
yet???).  That letter will be read this weekend to three affiliates to
which I belong.  As an impatient Board member I had hoped that in this
Christmas season of giving that I could ask these affiliates to donate to AIS to
help offset our $14,000 deficit budget.  But some AIS executive direction
is needed first.  I know I can deliver around $2,000 in donations but this
is a one-time quick fix. We need a long range solution. Now I sound like Keith Keppel. We never discussed his 15 March 1997 memo on Cost Reduction
and Revenue Sharing that was in our packet of "information" and I just
discovered it. He was and is right on when he said, "I find it far preferable
playing doctor, examining an ailing patient than coroner,  exhuming a dead
body."

Jim Morris
.