RE: Where Could We Promote Meetings to Non-Members?

Wayne and others,
It would be nice if clubs would hold an open house to encourage the public to
attend where it would not cost them the fees associated with Fall meetings,
etc.  Local radio stations have a requirement to provide non-profit access - a
short informational program could be given and advertise a local meeting.  So
to do newspapers have 'gardening' sections where a local club could place
information - but it usually needs to be submitted 2 weeks+ prior to the
meeting and is subject to space constraints.  Some of the smaller garden
companies will allow a club to put up a flyer.  One of our local water
utilities will place notice of a meeting and program in their monthly billing
statement ( a good time would be August to promote division of irises and the
fact that they are a drought tolerant plant for a water wise garden.).  There
are numerous avenues we can explore as a society.
Cheryl Deaton

> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 17:10:16 -0500
> Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Where Could We Promote Meetings to   Non-Members?
> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> From: 4dada58a1@rewrite.aisboard.org
>
> Master Gardeners' have not only websites but they also have a news letter.
> am sure they would be happy to share information. And maybe even work with
us
> in a reciprocating fashion.
> Thank you and happy gardening
> Ron Cosner

> Jody Nolin <835963e01@rewrite.aisboard.org> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I forgot to sign that comment......
> Jody Nolin
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Jody Nolin <jody.nolin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wayne,
> > Events certainly are open to non-members.  It would be fabulous go have
> > some attend.  I met a wonderful gardener at the Missouri convention who
was
> > a non-member had and saved up for a year to attend.  She ate peanut
butter
> > sandwiches in her truck so that she could go on the tours.
> > Is there a way to get this information to the Master Gardeners or the
> > Association of Garden Clubs?
> > I'm not a Master Gardener (not even a very good gardener....) but I get a
> > regular newsletter from the Ohio AGC.
> > And events in that are discussed at our local garden club meetings.
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Wayne Messer <
> > 6d200f2f1@rewrite.aisboard.org> wrote:
> >
> >> We recently put together a list of the Fall Regional Meetings so that
AIS
> >> members would be aware of meetings in surrounding regions they might
also
> >> want to attend.  It is in the most recent News & Notes.  If there are
ones
> >> I have missed, please let me know so they can be added.
> >>
> >> Another audience could be non- or future AIS members.  Do we have many
> >> non-members attending or interested in attending meetings like these?
Are