Re: 2014 AIS Awards

I wish to thank John Jones, Gerry Snyder, and Wayne Messer for the coordination of effort involved in announcing the awards. While not perfect yet we did do better than last year and got out the announcement to our members the same day as it leaked to Facebook.

I could make the following observations. It would be nice to have been working on this during the time at which the president is making the calls to the winners. As it was, I felt pressure not to delay its upload. So I worked for about ten hours straight writing the code that would provide all the links. When John and I pasted it up on the website and wiki respectably at the same time, I discovered that some of the code did not translate and I had to spend a few more hours fixing it before we could send out News & Notes pointing our members to it. During this time lag it was discovered on the website and eagerly announced on Iris Lovers Facebook group. Nonetheless it still went out to our membership the same day with News & Notes. So I failed in it being absolutely first to our members but we did do better than last year. And I have received several thank you s for getting it out quickly. In this day and age it seems a few hours is an eternity.  Bob Pries

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Jones" <100h@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 9:13:43 PM
Subject: [AISdiscuss] 2014 AIS Awards

The 2014 AIS Awards listing is up on the AIS website at:

http://www.irises.org/About_Irises/Awards_Surveys/AIS_Awards.html

Thanks

John
__________________
John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorders, American Iris Society
aisregistrar@irises.org

John Jones, Chairman, Electronic Services Committee
aiselectronicsvcs@irises.org

35572 Linda Drive
Fremont, CA 94536

--