Re: July AIS Bulletin for Emembers

On 7/30/2012 2:00 PM, Robert Pries wrote:
Gerry; All the things you mention cost AIS very little.

Except, of course, the printed Bulletin.
They are essentially part of either membership. I believe you have been at every meeting for the last 5 years. You should be aware that many of those years AIS ran in the red. I think it would be a marvelous idea to offer a discount for combinedE/print membership, but where would you make up the extra money to pay the bills? If scores of old members would suddenly join with an e-membership, maybe that would work, but only about 400 had memberships in the Iris register when it was $10 and they were grandfathered in for the life of their subscription. My hope is that we could make e-membership better and better so that it became irresistible. But it is far from there yet, and the budget still needs balancing. Its a nice idea but we still must pay the bills. If I could be convinced that a third more existing print members would join with a discounted $10 e-membership than I would be all for it.

So now before we change anything you want a mathematical proof that it will work?

We are getting complaints about the current pricing structure. I feel certain there are many more being made that we do not hear about. Is not the good name of AIS worth something?

Gerry