Re: July AIS Bulletin for Emembers

On 7/30/2012 9:52 PM, John Jones wrote:
On Jul 30, 2012, at 12:32 PM, Gerry Snyder wrote:

AIS membership: ability to be a judge, ability to vote the symposium,
ability to be an officer in a section or affiliate, and access to the
content of the Bulletin (in one form or another) seems like a lot of
overlap to me.

All of which was acknowledged in my description of the memberships as defined by the By-Laws, and I said  "other than those issues mention above" and the issues you mentioned were clearly "mentioned above" in the context of my message.

John

I am sorry that my previous email was overly terse because of being sent on my phone.

The point that I intended to make was that while your comment "Other than the issues mentioned above, there is no overlap between E-Memberships and the traditional (print) memberships" implies (at least to me) that the overlap is minimal, I think the overlap contains all the reasons for joining for a fairly high percentage of our membership. (This will certainly change as the benefits of e-membership continue to grow.)

I did not mean to imply that I was naming things you had omitted.

Sorry for the confusion.

Gerry