Records Retention Policy--Disaster Plan Update

I have received several questions recently from Officers and Committee Chairs about what AIS paperwork they need to keep and for how long...Personally, I have 10 boxes of Treasurer records in our garage that I would like to offload, scan or destroy so I can have the space!

I am working on a Records Retention Policy to go along with the Disaster Plan. On Nov 3 I will attend a class on non-profit accounting and hope to get the legal minimum requirements at that time...which I will bring to the Atlanta mtg.

In the meantime, please let me know for your area, what kind of AIS records you have. Please designate what documents you think should be permanently archived for your area and what day to day documents you work with.

ALSO, please email me with your backup procedures for your AIS paperwork...

***Each area needs a person designated as a backup who knows where everything is (including current passwords) in case something happens to you.

***I need to update the Disaster Plan files for each area as to what kind of back up you have...computer (if so, what kind--backup disk, offsite storage??) or paper...

This update will be presented at the Atlanta Fall Board Mtg so please get it to me no later than October 25.

Thanks,

Jill Bonino

1st VP

--------------------------------------------------------------------- To sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary The archives for AISDiscuss are at: http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/