Re: E memberships

I agree with John; The effort spent on servicing a youth member would be minimal if the electronic membership was just included as part of the present youth membership. Since it appears that the number of youth out there is small and the number that have access to the internet maybe even smaller it is not as if we are giving away much. I think involving the youth as much as possible would be beneficial. Besides, if we are creating another type of membership (electronic youth), then we have to do one more bylaws change. I believe we should only seek one such change at a time.

----- Original Message -----
From: "John I Jones" <jijones@usjoneses.com>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Friday, September 3, 2010 4:53:49 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] E memberships

Well I certainly understand that free things are not always valued.
The tracking of an expiration date could easily follow the expiration
for their regular Youth membership (recalling that we have both a
Youth without Bulletin ($5.00) and a Youth with bulletin ($9.00) -
both single year memberships

The e-memberships will be administered by the membership secretary
and at the time he establishes or renews and youth membership he can
establish the e-membership. I do not mean to speak for Tom in this
matter and he may have a differing opinion, to which I would demur.

While a youth member may not ascribe a value to the ememberhisp,
having hooked them on it makes it more likely that they might be
willing to pay for it when they turn 19.

As of the Spring report, we have 170 youth members. I don't see the
financial impact being great if we give the emembership away. On the
other hand if we give it away to them, it will make it less likely
that someone else in their family will subscribe to it.

Just some thoughts on the matter.

John