To: <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:15 PM
Subject: [AISdiscuss] AIS 2006 Photo Contest

Hi everyone!

Our AIS Photo Contest is now closed. We have had a wonderful participation, as I now have photos filling/overflowing a large binder. Our three judges are really going to have a challenge with their judging! All photos have been placed on paper and inserted into sheet protectors. My shipping box is prepared and they will be shipped to our first judge tomorrow. While I have been organizing the photos, I have also had the opportunity to scan all pages which gives me a backup, and prepares me for the later job of presenting winners on a web page.

The photos have been just amazing and it's been a joy to see and admire them. I'll have more of a report later, and hopefully have the judging results around the first of October.

I did want to report about the contest entry forms. Forty seven percent (47%) of the contestants used the AIS bulletin form when submitting their entries and the other fifty three percent (53%) used a form they retrieved from the internet, either the AIS web page or Region 14 web page, or from another source such as a Section bulletin. Most individuals submitted five photos, but some only submitted one or two photos.

Seventy two percent (72%) waited until the month of August to send in their entries, even though the contest had been printed in the April bulletin issue and was on the web pages as well.

We have had one entry from a Youth. I have had two entries mailed from France.

It has been fun so far, and I can't wait until I hear back from the judges!

Kitty Loberg

AIS Photo Contest Chair