RE: Upcoming Fall Board Meeting Reports

Michelle & Jill,

Upon looking back through many fall and spring board minutes, I find very
little that was reported on about the silent auctions.  Mostly there was a
motion made by the librarian to donate duplicate books, magazines, etc. to
the silent auction, and then a one line general statement in the fall
meeting about the success of the silent auction.  That is all I can find.
Then I went through all the financial reports and found a few administrative
expenditures for printer, paper, ink and credit card charges.  I also saw
deposits from about $5000 in 2007, $2000 in 2008, $5000 in 2009, $3500 in
2010.

Here are my questions for you.

Jill...Shall I turn in an expected income of around $3800 which is the
average of the past 4 silent auctions, and an expenses of $200?

Michelle.Do I need to prepare a report of some type other than just a "we
are working on the silent auction for 2012"?  I would like to ask the board
to spread the word about the silent auction needing donations to all they
know.  Do I need to submit a motion to have a silent auction, and for the
duplicates from the library be donated to the silent auction (or should the
librarian)?  I already have two boxes of donated bulletins and some books
from Janet.  I would like to ask for donations from the board and rhizome
"certificate" donations from the hybridizers around the world, but I am not
sure how to go about doing this.  Any suggestions?

Here is a question for everyone out there.Is there an operations manual for
AIS?  It is discussed in the 2005 minutes by Roy Epperson.

One more thing.  I would like for a correction to be made to the Spring 2011
board meeting minutes please. It was true that Nick and I were not there,
but I did send a report and I did get it in on time, but it did not make it
up on the site, however Michelle (thank you) made copies for everyone in
attendance.

The minutes read:

Spring 2011 AIS Board Meeting

Silent Auction - Co-chairs Strauss and Stewart were not in attendance and
did not send in a report.

I would appreciate it if you could correct that to read:

Spring 2011 AIS Board Meeting

Silent Auction - Co-chairs Strauss and Stewart were not in attendance but
Strauss sent a report that was handed out.

I can't wait to hear from you!

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie Strauss

AIS Board of Directors

MIS Fundraising Chair

R17 Newsletter & Parlimentarian

PBIS President

2213 Hereford Blvd

Midland TX 79707-5012

432-352-5483

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back
to you when you have forgotten the words."