Re: Photos

There is no protocal, other than the winners, for use in the calendar. I will go thru all of the pictures to select candidates for next years' calendar. When I have selected, I will get a short list of e-mails to contact
people. > Terry Aitken, Calendar guy.

Terry, I may have saved you the step. Because our rules didn't give AIS permission to use other than the winning photos, when I decided I wanted to display the honorable mentions, I contacted each exhibitor who had a HM, and asked for their permission. Contestants of all photos displayed have now given permission. My email to the contestants said "We don't have any award for the Honorable Mention photos, but the photo with the contestants name will be exhibited on an AIS web page, an AIS/region web page, convention exhibit, and/or bulletin for viewing. AIS requests your permission to use one or more of your photos for exhibition as described." I didn't think of asking for calender permission, oops, but I can tell you that many gave me back a blanket permission to AIS.
I also have all the photos scanned at 600dpi, so if and when you make a choice, just give me the caption, and I'll forward both the photo and the permission statement or email address.
Kitty