Re: Results of the AIS 2006 Photo Contest

Yes, I've already posted to GardenWeb. I'll send it to iris-talk as well right now. Any others would be fine. I hope you enjoy them!
kl

----- Original Message ----- From: "John I Jones" <jijones@usjoneses.com>
To: <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Results of the AIS 2006 Photo Contest

Can the winners information be made available to the public now?

thx

John
On Oct 24, 2006, at 9:15 AM, K. Loberg wrote:

My web page link for the AIS 2006 Photo Contest is now on-line! For viewing,
go to http://www.aisregion14.org/2006-Contest.html. I think our three judges
did a wonderful job in selecting our top Winners and Runner Up photos!

Because we had so many great photos, I have taken a percentage of photos
receiving high vote tallies and presented them as Honorable Mentions on the
AIS Photo Contest web site. I think you will enjoy seeing what the
photographers were able to capture with the camera lenses!

The photos received were judged by three judges; Ellen Gallagher, Editor of
The Siberian Iris bulletin from Berlin, New Hampshire (Region 1); Glenn
Corlew, past RVP of Region 14, Emeritus Judge and avid photographer who
resides in Walnut Creek, California, and Kenneth Coleman of Boise, Idaho
(Region 11), another avid photographer who has a website, C. Iris on Pond.
The photos were numbered without identification of the exhibitorbs name and
shipped to each of the judges. The judgesb scores were combined and tallied
to determine the Winners and Runner Ups. Each of our winners are receiving a
newer introduced iris from a Region 13 hybridizer and the 1st place winners
are receiving an AIS annual membership or extension.

Those of you who have visited the Region 14 web site know that I love to work
with on-line photo presentations. It extends the bloom season right into my
living room for year around enjoyment! Please be aware that the photos as
presented on-line may not appear exactly as viewed by the contest judges, due
to differences in monitors, resolution quality, and how colors will appear
on-line vs. on photo paper. Using Photoshop, I am able to add a visual color
matting and outline for each of the photos to accentuate the photos
characteristics, and I hope you will like this presentation. Enjoy!

Congratulations to our Winners and a big Thank You to all of our contestants!
I'm looking forward to next years' contest!
Kitty Loberg
AIS Photo Contest Chair
Region 14 Webmaster
Region 14 Past RVP