Re: Handbook Revision

All,

Such great wisdom and humor too!  I agree with all that has been  said.  The
entire Judges' Handbook is a set of "guidelines" so there is  nothing wrong
with Kitty's suggestion for blue, red and white guidelines.   And judging is
always subjective as Judges are expected to "judge".   Otherwise we would just
give every entry a blue ribbon and go have a beer.   Great input you all!

Jean and I have had the good fortune to judge from coast to coast and there
is very little difference in the process and that is a good thing.  We  also
have the great good fortune to have 5 clubs within 35 miles of our house,  all
of which have 1 to 4 shows per year each.  So in over 50 shows that we  have
judged, we were only needed to point score 4 times, each for either Best of
Section or Best of Show.  That tests your skill and that of the rest of the
Judging Panel (usually 3 people in a small show but as many as 9 or 12 in a
large show).  In the 65 shows (not the same shows, and yes we have been  around a
long time) that we have exhibited in I have seen the  judges point score 6
times.

Jim M.
*******
In a message dated 10/10/2006 8:44:17 P.M. Central Standard Time,