Re: Calendars

Hi All.
There I go, confusing the issue again! There are TWO Calendars with dramatically different prices and from very different sources.
The traditional AIS Calendar (that Olive did for 20 years) has been printed in Hong Kong. I recieved adavnced copies about 2 weeks ago and the bulk shipment is due to arrive in Portland in about a week. "Advanced" copies were sent to each of the RVP's about a week ago. The bulk shipment, when it arrives, will go directly to the STOREFRONT and John and Kay can immediately begin mailing out orders. Same price as advertised in the Bulletin. The ad is on the inside front cover of the Oct. Bulletin. Get your orders in now.
The "other" Calendar, which is being published by Turner Publishing in Tennessee, at their expense (and profit other than a 5% royalty on retail sales) has not yet been printed. (I have black and white proofs but no color) It better happen soon! In talking to the printer's rep., they tell me that they would anticipate additional sales from a direct mailing in addition to any sales that they get from the bulletin ad (yes, page 34 of the Oct. issue.) They were advised of our policy. I am just asking the board's opinion since this proposal is in "uncharted waters".
Hope this helps?
Incidentally, I sent an "advance copy" of the traditional AIS calendar to George Waters and he seemed pleased with the way that we had handled the memorial. (earlier rumors suggested that he was not happy with the way things were going.)
It was an education for me to deal with a printer in Hong Kong.
Also incidentally, the Oct. Bulletin has been arriving in mail boxes since the first of Oct. I think Bruce has set a new "land/speed record" for getting the Bulletin out! Good work, Bruce! (he was also sending a few copies to people at the end of the food chain.(mail service))
Terry

CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

I read Terry's proposal and John's reply re the calendars. I do not know how many people do what I do, but I should imagine there are more than just a couple. Calendars make great Christmas gifts. In my case I buy quite a few for this. Getting notice about the calendars in the January Bulletin will mean I do not buy calendars. I buy about 30 every year to send as Christmas gifts to my iris friends overseas. If I cannot order them SOON, it will be too late to do this. Clarence