Re: Are plant societies on the verge of extinction?

Another question raised by the British Iris Society condition:  Is there
anything we might do that would help them?  We've talked about
possibilities for helping Affiliates at risk,.  Would there be any of these
possibilities that would apply to BIS?  I don't think we can provide people
for officer positions; but, if they could find those, are there ways we
should partner with them?

The other example that comes to mind, and I don't know the history of why
and how it occurred, is the Canadian Iris Society.  The members became part
of various AIS Regions.  Would there be something along these lines,
probably a separate Region in this case, that should be considered?  I know
we want to work with the international iris community, and this might be
one way of approaching it.

Regards,

Wayne Messer
wrmesser@gmail.com