Re: Iris Resources - Digital Programs

Since I would like to have a discussion I will make the opposite motion that we do not include the program form in the Bulletin.

My concern is this. Do we really know what we are doing here. We voted in the last board meeting to include the symposium as an insert. I made that motion and do not regret it. We have no idea of the present cost of that insert or the insert for programs. Janet has said that instead of bringing in $600+ dollars we could possibly bring in $1000+ dollars. That means if the cost of inserting the programs form were over $400 we would be loosing money on this deal. The question then is this that important to the mission of the society to spend extra money that is in short supply for a few more affiliates to use this service. Lets have a discussion of the merits and possibilities and drawbacks. What we did 6 years ago should not necessarily be what guides us in our present state. The world and our budget changes too fast for just doing what we did or didn't do.

From: "Jim Morris" <1005@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:03:54 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Iris Resources - Digital Programs

All,

Yes this is true.  But I would hasten to add that the Exhibition Reports were voted back in after a ground swell of objections to their deletion by our membership.  Also because of mailing damage to the bulletins and bulletins falling apart we went back to three staples and voted to insert the Bulletin in a plastic sleeve or envelope.  As a result all complaints immediately stopped.

Jim Morris
Immediate Past President
American Iris Society