Re: Shipping rates

I vote YES on the increased shipping rates. George Boyce

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Boyce <irisgal@hotmail.com>
To: aisdiscuss <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Tue, Nov 19, 2013 8:12 am
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Shipping rates

Hi all,

   The new package shipping rates for the US Postal service have finally come
out.  The rate for the medium boxes did stay the same, but the rate for the
large boxes are going up to $17.45.  I'm not worried about the large box
rates
as I only sent out 2 large boxes in 2013.

   We currently charge $12 for shipping and handling for the exhibition
supplies.  The rate for the medium boxes is $12.35.  I believe that we should
charge $13.00 for the 2014 calendar year.  Also, since they did not raise the
rate on the medium boxes this year, I expect a large rate increase next year.
By raising the shipping and handling fee by only one dollar this year, our
next years proposed shipping and handling rate increase will hopefully be a
mild increase, and not be a "sticker shock" for the affiliates.

   So, I move:  "That we raise the Shipping and Handling fee for the
Exhibition supplies from $12.00 to $13.00 effective January 1, 2014.

Susan Boyce

Exhibitions supply clerk