Re: Needed Fall Board Meeting Reports

On 11/11/2010 7:21 PM, MORRISJE1@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 11/11/2010 11:26:44 A.M. Central Standard Time,
aissecretary@irises.org writes:

There  was no written Symposium report.  Michelle

I guess I have to ask why?  I thought that the lack of response to the
Symposium was perceived as a big problem this year.  Am I wrong?

Jim,

Michelle's comment was correct, there is not a written report at this time, but that is not the whole story.

You are certainly not wrong--the Symposium was a mess this year.

At the board meeting I explained what all happened (and didn't happen), and a constructive discussion took place.

I will be sending John a report in a few days, after this year's Symposium work is done. Doing it now (or at any earlier time) seems to me like doing the final report on US elections an hour after the polls on the east coast have closed.

If the AIS world revolved around the Symposium, the fall board meeting would be held a couple weeks later, so that the final Symposium results could be given there. Other time constraints make the current scheduling more appropriate, however, and the meeting date should not change, but it does mean that the Symposium report is necessarily incomplete at meeting time (and it still would be if written now).

I hope this helps,

Gerry