Re: Fall Board Meeting Motions

I assume that you mean the Affiliates Liaison, Lynn.

I'm not sure I'm the best person to recap all the discussion on the
topic of printing the Symposium, but I can give it a try.  I'm sure I
will miss some important points, so the rest of the group can forgive
me, or add what I leave out.

Kate, as you can see by the various motions, we kicked this back and
forth for a while.  At one point the continuation of the symposium
itself was debated.  (The feeling was that most sections have their
own version, and TBIS has a TB version.)
I think the final decision was based on a couple of factors:
1. low number of votes, even before the change to the current format and
2. high cost of the pages in the Bulletin and
3. the static nature of the list of winners.  Little change is seen
from year to year.

Suggestions for ameliorating the situation for non-computer users
included printing in regional newsletters and bringing printed copies
to club meetings.  There were more, but, again, I don't have all the
discussion commited to memory.

So, I hope I got that close to right.  I'm sure someone will tell me
if I didn't.