Re: AISDiscuss Storefront Update

In a message dated 11/24/2006 10:25:41 A.M. Central Standard Time,
CEMahan@aol.com writes:

I  did not write my book to make money. I wrote it to tell the early
history
of garden irises and the people who brought the iris into our  gardens. I
would believe, considering the goals and purpose of AIS,  that this is
something
worthy of support. I am sure that no one  intended it to be this way but
right
now I am feeling decidedly  unsupported. I ask the Board to reconsider this
matter.

Clarence,

Confirmation by John Ludi that the AIS Storefront has purchased 100 copies
of your book should indicate the intent of the AIS Board to support your fine
effort on this.  I look forward to receiving my copy soon!  I enjoyed  the
preview chapters you allowed me to proofread.  I was and am amazed by  your
research ability and was pleasantly surprised that your research on  Williamson
confirmed my previous research and conclusion that Mary Williamson,  not her
father, was the actual hybridizer of 'Wabash', thus making her the first  woman to
earn the Dykes Medal.

Cheers.

Jim Morris