Re: Another Membership Idea

Robert Pries said:

<<I am making a note of 'Oprah' also but I confess I may
need your  advice on this one. I have ocassionally seen
the Oprah show but i am not sure  I understand the
gestalt of the magazine.>>

Mr. Pries, in my simple way I am suggesting that the American Iris  Society
reach out to persons of color, a large demographic which I  believe to be
underrepresented in the Society, quite possibly in  American plant societies as a
whole.

My presumption, and it may be faulty, is that the readership of  'Oprah' may
be more diverse than that of some other mass market  general interest
publications. I am not often a reader of these sorts of  magazines, and can proffer no
expertise anent their unique gestalts,  if any.

I have no idea what the demographics of AARP may  be. Frankly, I toss the
materials they send here, finding  them damned intrusive.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead