Protocol

Common courtesy; E-mail is very easy to use. Because
of that I consider it very simple to reply to any
e-mail sent directly to an officer or director. I
understand that not everyone checks their e-mail every
day. But after a week, unless someone is out of town I
expect at least an acknowledgement of a receipt of
message. Is this unreasonable? I am trying to
understand protocol among the directors and officers.