Re: Symposium

I agree that we need to promote AIS, but the symposium is a perk for members. It is a selling point for AIS membership that all may vote. AIS judges vote on AIS awards and all AIS members may cast votes on the symposium. We don't want to take away that.B It might be fun to just let any non members list their favorite irises and have a symposium in your own club. That way everyone would get to vote on something.

Encourage AIS membership by letting all know that the symposium vote is a special perk for membership.
Susan Grigg

On 5/15/2018 8:29 PM, Howie Dash wrote:
Gary,

When we discussed the symposium last year it was pointed out that the symposium ballot was on the AIS website, which anyone could access, so therefore non members could in fact vote.

That was my understanding of it and the think we should encourage non members to vote.  Anything that promotes AIS is good.

Howie Dash

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Slagle II <499978331@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Tue, May 15, 2018 06:00 PM
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Symposium

Hellow Fellow Board Members , I need help , I am in a constant feud with let's call them members in good standing for many years .. I sent out my RVP letter for the month encouraging members to start thinking about their symposium ballots , and I also told them to print some copies and give to their friends and family since the symposium is open to every body members and non members . This has become a struggle for me . I checked the AIS website and no where that I saw did it say that non members can vote the symposium , my members think I have been sniffing too much iris pollen and I am off my rocker !!!! Can we please get it posted on the web site that the symposium is open to members and non members alike .

Thank you ( ripping my hair out )
Gary Slagle
Region 3

<<a href="mailto:aissecretary@irises.org";>aissecretary@irises.org</a>>