Guest Editor Appointments

To:  AIS Board of Directors, et al,

I am pleased to announce the appointment of two guest editors for the next two issues of IRISES, the Bulletin of the American Iris Society:  first, Jaime Cloud of Shreveport, LA, who will edit the summer issue (she will need immediate article help) with a one month slipped deadline to June 15 or perhaps later; and, second, Jane Milliman of Victor, NY, who will edit the fall issue.  They are both interested in filling the editor position on a regular basis.

Jaime Cloud is a graduate of Centenary College of Louisiana and is sole proprietor of Cloud 9 Designs, L.L.C.  She is editor and layout designer of Fleur de Lis, the quarterly journal of The Society for Louisiana Iris, for which she utilizes Adobe Creative Suite 3 and Microsoft Office interfacing with Sundance Press.

Jane Millimanâs education is in ornamental horticulture from Finger Lakes Community College.  She is publisher of Upstate Gardenerâs Journal and a gardening columnist with the Rochester, NY Democrat and Chronicle.  She is fluent in the entire Adobe Creative Suite, the Microsoft Office suite, and basic web design.

Please join me in welcoming Jaime and Jane as they strive to maintain the quality of IRISES.  Content, as always, will be dependent on input from our members.  The emphasis for the summer issue will be the convention and garden tours in Portland, OR.  Assistant Editors Dave & Debra Miller (Springfield, IL) have lined up garden writers for each of the Portland area gardens.  Immediate past editor Kathleen Sonntag has provided pdfs and other supporting documentation and publisher Gene Mandish of Sundance Press has made himself available for publication procedural discussions.

John Jones is asked herein to add Jaime and Jane to our aisdiscuss group.

Jim Morris

President, American Iris Society