to communicate.  Jean and I were able to see your  competition irises last
year so we knew it was going to be great on another  year's growth.  And then
there was David -- an awesome work of  sculpture!  Jim M.

In a message dated 5/21/2012 1:49:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
cemahan@aol.com writes:

Thanks  for the report, Jill.  Suky and I thought our trip to Florence the
year
I judged was the most marvelous trip we ever made. Suky said everyone
ought to
get to visit Florence once in their lifetime;   Clarence

-----Original Message-----
From: Jill Bonino  <aistreas@earthlink.net>
To: AISDiscuss  <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Mon, May 21, 2012 1:25 pm
Subject:  [AISdiscuss] Winners of the 56th International Iris Competition in
Firenze  2012

Hi All,

Joe and I had a once in a lifetime trip to  Florence Italy in May. The 2012
Competition iris hit peak bloom during the  week of judging and we made
several
new friends in Germany, Italy and Czech  Republic. After being treated like
royalty for a week I am now back at home  doing laundry and weeding again!

Below are the winners and congrats to  all of the USA winners. During the
Awards Ceremony my husband Joe was asked  to accept the trophies and plaques
for the American hybridizers so  he  got his picture taken more than me.
Jill

TALL BEARDED

1st  Premio Firenze (Gold Florin) of the 'Florens Foundation for Cultural
and
Environmental Heritage - Florence
CHEYENNE MY DOG R. Marucchi -  Italy

2nd Tuscany Region Prize
RECKLESS ABANDON  K Keppel   USA

3rd Silver Plate of the Industrial Organisation
RETURN TO  CAMELOT  G Grosvenor  Australia

4th  Italian iris  Society Silver Medal "Piero Bargellini'
ZESTING LEMONS  R. Ernst  USA

Honorable Mentions

5th   BEL AVENIR  R.  Cayeaux - France
6th   ECLIPSE DE MAI  R. Cayeaux -  France
7th   ANEMICO  M. Bertuzzi - Italy
8th    FRATELLO SOLE  L. Montanari - Italy
9th   STANDING  PROUD  Schreiner's Garden USA
10th  MACQUARIE RIVER - G.  Grosvenor - Australia

Special Prizes

Provincia di Firenze Prize  for the Best Broken Colour Variety:
SPLATTER MATTERS   J Painter  USA

Comune di Firenze Silver Plate for the Best Red Variety:
RIO  ROJO   Schreiner's Garden USA

Chamber of Commerce Prize for  the Best Commercial Vairety:
BEL AVENIR   R. Cayeaux -  France

Amici dei Fiori Prize for the Best Italian Variety:
CHEYENNE  MY DOG   R. Marucchi - Italy

Louise Branch Prize for the Best  Branched Variety:
MATTINATA FIORENTINA   R. Marucchi -  Italy

Florence Garden Club Cup for the Most Original Colour:
SORDID  LIVES   T. Johnson USA

Perugia Garden Club Cup for the Best  Scented Variety:
STOLEN SWEETS   P. Black  USA

Rora  and Luaciana Bausi Prize for the Best Blue Variety:
ALL ABOUT BLUE   Schreiner's Garden  USA

Leila and Paolo Tarini Prize for the Best  Violet Variety:
JON FARRAR   G. Middleton - Great  Britain

Giorgio Vaniane Prize for the Best Early Variety:
RIO  ROJO  Schreiner's Garden  USA

Laura Tancredi Prize for the  Best Pink Variety:
RETURN TO CAMELOT   G. Grosvenor -  Australia

Societa Toscana di Orticultura Prize for the Best Border  Bearded Variety:
BONANZA STREAM   G. Grosvenor -  Australia

sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary The archives  for
AISDiscuss are at:  http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/

To  sign-off this list, send email to the AIS  Secretary
<aissecretary@irises.org>
The archives for AISDiscuss  are  at: