From: Jill Bonino <aistreas@earthlink.net>
To: AISDiscuss <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Mon, May 21, 2012 1:25 pm
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Winners of the 56th International Iris Competition in
Firenze 2012

Hi All,

Joe and I had a once in a lifetime trip to Florence Italy in May. The 2012
Competition iris hit peak bloom during the week of judging and we made several
new friends in Germany, Italy and Czech Republic. After being treated like
royalty for a week I am now back at home doing laundry and weeding again!

Below are the winners and congrats to all of the USA winners. During the
Awards Ceremony my husband Joe was asked to accept the trophies and plaques
for the American hybridizers so  he got his picture taken more than me.  Jill

TALL BEARDED

1st Premio Firenze (Gold Florin) of the 'Florens Foundation for Cultural and
Environmental Heritage - Florence
CHEYENNE MY DOG R. Marucchi - Italy

2nd Tuscany Region Prize
RECKLESS ABANDON  K Keppel  USA

3rd Silver Plate of the Industrial Organisation
RETURN TO CAMELOT  G Grosvenor  Australia

4th  Italian iris Society Silver Medal "Piero Bargellini'
ZESTING LEMONS  R. Ernst USA

Honorable Mentions

5th   BEL AVENIR  R. Cayeaux - France
6th   ECLIPSE DE MAI  R. Cayeaux - France
7th   ANEMICO  M. Bertuzzi - Italy
8th   FRATELLO SOLE  L. Montanari - Italy
9th   STANDING PROUD  Schreiner's Garden USA
10th  MACQUARIE RIVER - G. Grosvenor - Australia

Special Prizes

Provincia di Firenze Prize for the Best Broken Colour Variety:
SPLATTER MATTERS   J Painter USA

Comune di Firenze Silver Plate for the Best Red Variety:
RIO ROJO   Schreiner's Garden USA

Chamber of Commerce Prize for the Best Commercial Vairety:
BEL AVENIR   R. Cayeaux - France

Amici dei Fiori Prize for the Best Italian Variety:
CHEYENNE MY DOG   R. Marucchi - Italy

Louise Branch Prize for the Best Branched Variety:
MATTINATA FIORENTINA   R. Marucchi - Italy

Florence Garden Club Cup for the Most Original Colour:
SORDID LIVES   T. Johnson USA

Perugia Garden Club Cup for the Best Scented Variety:
STOLEN SWEETS   P. Black  USA

Rora and Luaciana Bausi Prize for the Best Blue Variety:
ALL ABOUT BLUE  Schreiner's Garden  USA

Leila and Paolo Tarini Prize for the Best Violet Variety:
JON FARRAR   G. Middleton - Great Britain

Giorgio Vaniane Prize for the Best Early Variety:
RIO ROJO  Schreiner's Garden  USA

Laura Tancredi Prize for the Best Pink Variety:
RETURN TO CAMELOT   G. Grosvenor - Australia

Societa Toscana di Orticultura Prize for the Best Border Bearded Variety:
BONANZA STREAM   G. Grosvenor - Australia

sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary The archives for
AISDiscuss are at: http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/