Re: Status of Form 990N (E-Card) for Affiliates, Regions & Sections

Thank you Jill, this is a wonderful service you are providing to regions, sections and affiliates, and one more great benefit of membership in AIS.

Gary White

Jill Bonino <aistreas@earthlink.net> wrote:
  Hi to all RVPs and Section Presidents

First of all, I have had a very good response from those clubs, regions and sections who have a Fed EIN# and need to file the IRS Form 990N E-card for 2007. For those groups who have a Dec 31 year end, I have filed for over 90% of you, and you have received an email confirmation from me with the attached IRS confirmation.

Thank you for your help in getting this new IRS filing in process. This will be an annual filing, so I will be checking with you next year to confirm that your information is the same or has changed.

This is a long email so please bear with me until the end.

BELOW IS A LIST OF THE AFFILIATES, REGIONS AND SECTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN FILED. PLEASE REVIEW THIS LIST AND IF YOU ARE NOT ON IT AND SHOULD BE, PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:

1. Organization Legal Name

2. Any other names your organization uses

3. Organization's mailing address

4. Organization's website address (if applicable)

5. Organization employer identification number (EIN#)

6. Name and address of a principal officer of your organization (preferably the current President)

7. Organization's annual tax period (when the organization prepares its annual financial report)

8. Verify that your organization's annual gross receipts are still normally $25,000 or less

9. Indicate if your organization has terminated (is no longer in business)

#####

AFFILIATE CLUBS THAT HAVE BEEN FILED

Central New York Iris Society
Fresno Iris Society
Greater Kansas City Iris Society
Greater Portland Iris Society
Greater Saint Louis Iris Society
Hi Desert Iris & Daylily Society
Iris Society of Austin
Iris Society of Massachusetts
Mt. Diablo Iris Society
Northern Oklahoma Iris Society
Oregon Trail Iris Society
Pierce County Iris Society
Prescott Area Iris Society
San Fernando Valley Iris Society
Santa Rosa Iris Society
Sierra Foothills Iris Society
Sonoran Desert Iris Society
Sun Country Iris Society
Tucson Area Iris Society
Western New York Iris Society
West Texas Iris Society

REGIONS THAT HAVE BEEN FILED

1
2
4
5
6
7
9
11
12
13
14
15
18
21
24

SECTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN FILED

Dwarf Iris Society
Median Iris Society
Reblooming Iris Society
Society for Japanese Irises
Society for Siberian Irises

#####

Several clubs do not use a Dec 31 year end and I am contacting them (those that I know about) by email separately to let them know their filing will be done when it is due.

SPECIAL NOTE TO RVPs--If any of the affiliates in your region are not on the above filed list and you believe that they need to file, please contact them as well to let them know about this email and the information they need to send to me.

The IRS has been swamped with questions about this new system and they have a notice on their website that there is no penalty for late filing, so if you are a Dec 31 organization and have not sent me your information, don't worry. BUT I do need it as soon as possible so I can add your organization to my database and make sure that your organization does file. FAILURE TO FILE CAN RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR ORGANIZATION'S TAX EXEMPT STATUS.

Thank you again for your help and support throughout this filing process and please let me know of any questions you have...If you send an email and get a response that it has been blocked, I will release the block and let your email into my inbox. This only happens if you have never sent me an email before.

Jill Bonino
Treasurer
3110 Kirkham Drive
Glendale, CA 91206