Re: 2007 calendars

In a message dated 5/12/06 11:31:33 AM, terry@flowerfantasy.net writes:

> . We expect visitors to start
> arriving next week. They wont be disappointed.
> Terry

Hi:
I though I would be out-of-luck when it came to seeing my own bloom, but with
the warm weather we're having I am getting to see a very goodly amount of it.
  I'll miss the LAs and possibly even the JIs, but the bearded will be mostly
out long with some of the Siberians by the time we leave next Friday (only a
week from now -- time to panic)!
     Jill Bonino arrives Sunday and will be here a couple of days to go over
Treasury things, in addition I will give her some garden JT hours in my garden
(along with a local Redwood Iris Society AIS member who got behind because of
health problems, and needs GJT Hours, also).   On many levels, I really have
no love for the current AIS Garden Judges Training requirements -- I think the
worst thing about it is that I don't think it will produce BETTER ballot
judges, and it will reduce the available show judge numbers. And, while I am not a
Show enthusiast, I know that the demand for Show Judges is frantic -- and NOT
an area where we should be reducing the number of available judges.
     Maybe we produce a rule that says that if you do not get three hours
Garden JT in 3 years you NO LONGER RECEIVE AN AIS BALLOT until some   criteria
are met for reinstatement. If you lose your ballot privileges you retain your
Show Judge privilege unless you do not (1) turn in your Activity Report
annually, or (2) do not judge any shows within a three year period.   I don't know,
but we need something to take the stress off the Show Judge "chase."
     Getting good AIS Awards Ballot judges is another, almost impossible,
task.   When you get right down to it, I think good garden judges are "born" not
"made."   You can give hours of garden instruction to some people and they
never develop a good eye -- others almost have that eye intuitively.
     Enough for now,
          Jeanne