Re: Show Categories vs Judges Handbook

Hi,

Another flattie is "New Perspective."

Dorothy Willott

In a message dated 3/25/2015 5:52:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, 6005371f1@rewrite.aisboard.org writes:

Betty,

There are several flatties. Tom Johnson just introduced a new one this year Voulez - Vous. It is featured on the cover of Mid-America's 2015 Catalog. Fred Kerr released Orbison in 2009. Older ones that come to mind are George Slade's Six Pack and Sanford Babson's Impersonator. I am sure there are others.

Janet,

In the current Judges Handbook Chapter 13 is entitled Novelty Bearded Irises. It lists five types of Novelty Irises. They are: Multiple Petaled Flowers (example Full House), Random Color Application (example Batik), Variable Color Patterning (example Joseph's Coat),  Flat-Shaped Flowers (example Orbison) and Variegated Foliage (example Dots And Splashes). I hope this helps you with your concern about your novelty section. As Gerry previously stated, many clubs have been having a novelty section at shows for many years; I first encountered these sections at shows in the 1980's.

Riley Probst

-----Original Message-----
From: Betty Roberts
Sent: Mar 25, 2015 2:24 PM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Show Categories vs Judges Handbook

Gerry, this is a new one for me. Are there many âflattiesâ out there? I can think of one â was it âFlopsyâ, or am I dreaming?

Betty Roberts

On Mar 25, 2015, at 2:45 PM, Gerry Snyder <7e2de1ee1@rewrite.aisboard.org> wrote:

Flatties is one possibility.

Gerry Snyder

On Mar 25, 2015 9:39 AM, "George and Janet Smith" <4f80107e1@rewrite.aisboard.org> wrote:
Okay - what do you put in Novelty that the judges would judge?
We already have categories for: Plicata, Space Age, Self,
Bi-Tone/Bi-Color.

Janet