Re: Motion to remove the operations manual from the Wiki

Amen brother. Robert's rules of order is something the AIS board does not use although it is supposed to. The board always discusses the idea for several hours then someone makes a motion and then a second and they vote. You are not supposed to have any discussion on any topic until a motion is made and seconded. Then discussion starts. I could really confuse some people if I made a motion to amend the amendment to the motion.
Ron
Spring is springing in NW LA.

On 3/13/2013 11:16, gary white wrote:
No, that is not true, Cheryl.   By Robert's Rules, once the motion has been
announced, which it has, then the motion belongs to the assembly, not the
original motion makers.   The motion is no longer in control by the original
motion makers after the motion has been announced.   And as such, the amended
motion must be dealt with by the assembly.
Gary
--- On Wed, 3/13/13, cheryl deaton <region15kids@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: cheryl deaton <region15kids@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] Motion to remove the operations manual from the
Wiki
To: "aisdiscuss@aisboard.org" <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:48 AM

Ron and Gary,I believe you need to get the original 'motion makers' (Susan
Boyce and John Ludi) to agree to the amendment before going forward.Cheryl
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 08:39:42 -0700
From: in2iris@yahoo.com
Wiki
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org

I second the motion to amend the original motion to:

"That the Operations Manual be maintained on the Iris Wiki and that a copy
of
the Operations Manual be placed on the AIS web site and that the web site
be
indexed to allow easy access to the document."

Gary White