From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of cheryl deaton
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:23 AM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] Re: Registration Images; Putative motion

Bob,
I like what you've started, but I really think it is too wordy and needs a
bit
of tweaking; maybe more than one motion? I also think that if we begin
"requesting" that we should implement a time frame for "requiring", such as
Jan. 1, 2015.  That would give us plenty of time to get our act together (I
hope!). As to SUGGESTED guidelines, our photo contest has requirements, so
why
shouldn't  our registration? At this time, do other Iris societies have
photo
requirements or other ways to ensure accuracy of iris
registrations/descriptions? What do they do? We really need to do some
research into this.

I think the hybridizer/photographer would need to sign a waiver releasing
the
photo for use by AIS in the proscribed manner while retaining their
copyrights.  Just my thoughts.
Cheryl

> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:39:33 -0400
> From: robertpries@embarqmail.com
> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Re: Registration Images; Putative motion
>
> Here is a motion I would suggest that conveys my thoughts, I think it is
consistent with what most everyone has been saying;

> That the AIS registrar begin asking for images with new registrations;
These
will be accepted with understanding that the AIS will archive them in the
AIS
Library and display them on the Iris Encyclopedia and they will be available
for other AIS uses, but that the photographer retains all other rights for
their use, such as in the hybridizers catalog, and for any purpose for which
the hybridizer/photographer gives permission. This should be viewed as only
first step towards the possibility of requiring images with registration,
and
that requirement should be considered in conjunction with the other national
Iris Societies. That also the President of AIS be empowered to create a
registration committee that can facilitate the implementation of the
collection, archiving and disposition of the images. That this committee
should also create SUGGESTED guidelines for required images by July 4th 2011
and that these be reviewed as needed such that the guidelines evolve based
on
the!
> compliance and practicality.
>
> I prefer the idea of doing something immediately that is not mandatory and
discovering the pitfalls, than not doing anything in the hopes of getting a
perfected full-blown policy. That can come later.