Re: Registration Images

Dana; As you know I grow lots of arils and i agree. In fact I would point out that perhaps an even worse offender about changing with age are the Japanese. I have known judges in shows that wanted to disqualify a flower because there were exhibits with a one day old flowers, and exhibits with a two day old flowers, and the judge was distraught at how different they looked. The goal of asking for pictures is to provide more data, not less. Not having them, does less to educate, than all the problems associated with having them. Obviously we all recognize pitfalls but doing nothing adds little to anyones knowledge. Whereas, doing something, even though it will always be flawed, can possibly bring about greater understanding.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@sbcglobal.net>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 4:58:54 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Registration Images

I would like to step in here and mention Aril and Arilbred iris in
particular.
Many, Arils and Arilbreds change color as they age.  They also
change shape as
they mature, frequently doubling in size.  A picture taken on
day 1 early
morning of a bloom may only vaguely resemble the same iris taken
on the morning
of day three.

I am not against this idea at all, but this
is definitely one of those pitfalls
we need to address.

Thanks,

Dana