RE: Motion for Strategic Planning Committee

Thank you, Jody:

It will be my direction to the Strategic Planning Committee that we
formulate long-range goals such as fund raising and membership, etc. In my
view, internal structure and operations can, and should be, handled on a
one-on-one basis as they arise.  The Operations/Policy Manual(a work in
progress) is a document that details the duties and expectations of all of
the standing committees and administrative positions of AIS.  Ideally, an
archival listing of policies pertaining to each position will be included.
This latter is a monumental task.

The discussion concerning an ad hoc or a standing committee is a valid one.
However, until we can streamline our standing committee structure (there are
28 at the present time) I do not want to request another standing committee.
The ad hoc committee will give the impetus for planning and futuring.

Roy

E. Roy Epperson

President, The American Iris Society